- 1 kg stewing beef in 4cm cubes
- 300 gr greek noodles(chilopites)
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 celery sticks in cubes
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 60 ml red wine
- 3 tbs olive oil
- beef stock
- cinnamon,pimento,anise,bay leaves
- sea salt-black pepper-sugar
- graviera cheese flakes
- plain flour
- Combine the beef with flour and shake off excess.
- In a big casserole heat the olive oil and brown the beef on all sides for 5′.Remove the beef.
- Add the vegetables(except the tomatoes) and cook for 5′
- Add the red wine and the tomatoes.Stir for 5′
- Put the tomatoes,beef stock,the beef cubes and the spices.
- Cook for 2 hours in a low heat stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Making sure that you have liquid to the casserole add the pasta and cook for 6′
- Serve immediately and sprinkle the cheese flakes on top.